Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Today we roasted a wild turkey, made a bunch of veggies and enjoyed some dessert. I will share that soon enough but decided to start off with the drink that washed it all down. It’s so easy, tasty, and healthy too! Chop up raw organic ginger, pulverize, and pour in some sparking water to make a delicious fizzy drink. It’s excellent for digestion, so what would be better than to consume it with an indulging holiday meal?
Ginger is a natural, inexpensive and immune enhancing tonic that’s known to remedy many gastrointestinal problems
- it alleviates congestion
- minimizes mucous and asthma
- improves circulation
- and is a natural anti-inflammatory
1 inch chunk of ginger
1 liter sparkling water (whole foods Italian sparking mineral water)
1/2c filtered water
shake of stevia (~1/8 tsp) or another natural sweetener such as honey
- Take chunk of ginger, stevia and 1/2 cup water and add into blender. Pulverize in a vitamix or blender on high.
- Take four 8oz glasses and portion concentrated ginger in the bottom of each glass evenly.
- Carefully pour in sparkling water and you're ready to serve!
Concentrate from 1 in chuck of fresh ginger is evenly poured into four glasses.
Whole Foods Italian Sparking Mineral Water is not overly fizzy (compared to seltzer).
I thought it was plenty fizzy while others in the family would have liked more. I still recommend it.
Unanimous vote though that the ginger tasted great.