Over the past few years I have really expanded my tastes and tried foods I was barely familiar with. I wouldn’t consider myself a picky eater at all, and love finding variety. Before my journey in nutrition, variety used to be an assortment of packaged processed artificially flavored foods. Initially when going on what I call a real whole food diet you may find yourself asking “What is there left to eat?” Over time I’ve begun to appreciate the foods that nature offers. This became my new normal. If you think about it, most of our beliefs about “normal” are born out of habit and routine. Change your habits and find a new normal that is healthy for your life.
bone broth (optional)
- Wash leeks under filtered water and peel off any discolored outer leaves if necessary.
- Begin cutting ring slices from the root end upward. Peel off and discard the tough ends of the leaves. If needed, continue to rinse off sand and grit.
- Heat pan with coconut oil and add in leek rings.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and saute on medium heat.
- Once slightly browned you can optionally add in broth for flavor.
- Cook until soft and top it off with sea salt to taste.
it’s a great side dish for any lunch.