With the sugar-free dried cranberries left over from the weekend, I was inspired to tart up some muffins for a change. These muffins are a burst of fresh flavor. Perfect in my opinion for the start of the new season.
4 medium zucchini (or 3 large)
1tbs grated orange peel
sugar free dried cranberries
1c coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
4 pastured eggs
pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup finely ground coconut flakes ?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shred zucchini with a food processor( of hand grate) & place into a large bowl or pot.
- Take your organic orange and grate zest to taste (~1-2 tbsp).
- Mix zucchini and zest, and add 4 eggs
- Mix dry ingredients evenly (flour, salt, spices, baking soda + cream of tartar, stevia, fine coconut flakes)
- Combine your dry and wet ingredients and create a batter not too wet or too dry.
- Add in dried cranberries (you can halve fresh cranberries also)
- Taste and make sure the batter is sweet enough to your liking.
- Line your baking cups and make your muffins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Depending on your zucchini, some contain more water than others. If the batter is too wet you'll want to add more flour for a better consistency. To avoid adding more flour, try squeezing out excess water of your shredded zucchini.
After cooled, store in the fridge for freshness.