Make garlic broccoli rabe sauteed in coconut oil for a delicious side dish that offers an intense burst of flavor. I usually enjoy pairing it with an entree that is a bit more bland such as white fish.
TIP: Coconut oil can take high heat temperatures without oxidizing so it is my #1 oil of choice for many dishes. Extra virgin olive oil is unstable in high temperatures so make sure to keep on low. Both the olive oil and coconut oil complement the dish very well.
1 bunch of broccoli rabe
4-5 cloves garlic
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Clean broccoli rabe in filtered water to remove dirt. Cut off tough ends and remove any damaged leaves.
- Tear or cut your bunch into ~2-3 inch (bite size) pieces.
- Add into boiling water and cook until stalks are soft and tender. Drain and set aside.
- Add ~2tbs coconut oil to pot and add in crushed garlic. Cook on low to prevent burning.
- Once your garlic is lightly browned and the flavors intensify add in your cooked broccoli rabe and mix garlic evenly throughout.
- Add sea salt to taste to bring out the flavors.